Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sriracha Hot Sauce

Sriracha hot sauce is a delightful concoction made primarily of chilis, garlic, and vinegar.  It is thicker than most hot sauces, and it has a flavor that can't be beat!  The sauce is named for the city it originated in in Thailand, Si Racha.  It is marketed in the US by Huy Fong foods, and according to Wikipedia, the version sold in America is slightly different from the Thai version.  It goes great on pretty much anything.  I eat it on everything from Asain dishes to hamburgers and pizza.  The bottle even recommends that you try it on a number of different things like soups, pizza, steaks, etc.  I've found it to be delicious on everything I've ever tried it on, but my favorite thing to put it on is my home-made curry.  The garlicky flavor adds a lot to most foods and is highly recommended for fans of hot foods, Thai stuff, and deliciousness.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Sriracha. Only the best in this house, as they say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark is certainly right. I was first introduced to Sriracha at my favorite little Vietnamese restaurant in Denver. It went perfectly with the soup they used to serve. Goes pretty much perfectly in any soup, in fact. And just about everything else. I never leave home without it.

    ReplyDelete