Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cholula Hot Sauce

Cholula Hot Sauce is among the greatest inventions of mankind.  First, the internal combustion engine, then ice cream, then Cholula.  It is named for the oldest still inhabited city in Mexico.  As can be seen in the picture above, there are several varieties of Cholula.  I usually stick with original, but they are all incredibly delicious.  While I tend to use Sriracha on any food from Asia or Europe, Cholula goes on anything from the Americas.  Whether it be burgers and fries or some kind of Mexican/South American dish, Cholula adds a great flavor and just the right amount of heat to pretty much anything.  Also available from the same company are dry seasonings.  We've used them on Thanksgiving turkey, and it really makes poultry pop.  It can be used as a dry rub or to add some flavor and spice to chili or soups.  However, my favorite thing to put Cholula on is breakfast.  It goes great with eggs, breakfast meats, hash browns, and pretty much anything else.  Breakfast and Cholula are a match made in heaven.  As an added bonus, even heat wimps like my wife enjoy the great taste.  Highly recommended for fans of flavor, heat, and child-like delight.

5 comments:

  1. You got all that right. Breakfast and Cholula are synonymous. I discovered it in the Lockheed Martin employee cafeteria in Denver. Didn't you go there with me a time or two? They made an excellent eggs/sausage/hash browns/toast breakfast and had Cholula on all the tables. Happy days those were. I kind of fell in love with the real wood lid too. Cool way to make their brand stand apart a bit.

    Cholula is moderately hot, but with this sauce it's not really about the heat. The flavor is incredible. I think I've only tried the original, but I'm anxious to try some of the others now too.

    Must . . . buy . . . Cholula!

    Sadly, we don't have any Cholula around the house right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did indeed go with you to the Lockheed Martin cafeteria in Denver. That may even be the first place I tried Cholula. They had good breakfasts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you haven't come across Chile Town Hot Sauce yet, you should definitely check out their Hot Sauce website and online hot sauce store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poppin poultry, eh? How does Cholula compare to Tapatio?

    ReplyDelete